- Our School
Mission, Vision & Collective Commitments
Mission - Capistrano Home/Virtual School (CHVS) is dedicated to helping all students achieve their potential through academic and personal growth by offering alternative educational opportunities.
Vision - Create and implement a positive and safe environment that promotes lifelong learners to act responsibly, value learning, encourage integrity, and strive for personal best.
Collective Commitments - We will:
- support families who wish to educate their children at home using CUSD's and CHVS’s homeschool or virtual curriculum.
- provide assistance and guidance to parents/guardians as they plan and implement lessons for their children.
- provide access to core and supplemental resources and help parents/guardians understand how to utilize the resources to support learning.
- provide opportunities for academic support, enrichment, and socialization through workshops, field trips and access to local schools.
- provide feedback regarding student progress towards grade level standards and district and state assessments, and assist parents/guardians in modifying instruction to meet individual needs.
- work in partnership with our families to create a positive and successful independent study experience.
“This one step – choosing a goal and sticking to it – changes everything.”